At Herbal Skin Solutions, we believe that the Earth should be recognized and respected every day. The globally recognized holiday is a friendly reminder to be aware of the impact that each and every one of us 7.53 billion people in this world are making on our planet.
As we grow, we intend on doing so sustainably. Serving our customers while keeping the greater good of our planet is always at the forefront of our minds. If companies and consumers alike can collectively make a conscious effort to make environmentally friendly choices, our world will be an even happier, healthier place for the generations to come. With that being said, we have compiled a simple list of how we are living and working a green lifestyle and how you can to. Let’s raise awareness and show our Patchamama some love!
Our packaging for our Neroli Repair Oil and Vitamin C Enhancement Serum (both sizes) is 100% recyclable. These bottles can be infinitely recycled into new packaging without loss of the quality of the material. It is also super easy to repurpose a glass container!
- Our products that are packaged in glass containers are also packed in boxes for extra protection. These boxes are derived from 100% post-consumer recycled paper printed with non-toxic vegetable based ink and are 100% recyclable.
- RECYCLE – All of our skin care products are packaged in recyclable materials. Please do not limit your recycling to our products alone! Important reminder, more harm than good can be done if the wrong items are being recycled. Follow this link for a list of what can be recycled.
- Choose REUSABLE when possible – bringing reusable bags to carry your groceries, laundry etc. in.
We give out branded reusable tote bags at events instead of paper bags and are always happy to include them with your order upon request. Refillable water bottles and coffee/ tea cups to take on the go are another great way to reduce waste. In our office, we use a five-gallon refillable water cooler to avoid waste from plastic bottles. If you prefer to sip out of a straw, we suggest using a reusable or biodegradable straw.
Get outside! Spending time outdoors can help you cultivate a deeper sense of connection with the Earth. To take it a step farther, try “Earthing” by walking barefoot. This grounding practice can improve your overall sense of well-being down to relieving chronic pain and depression.
- Keep it local - Shop small by supporting local business owners that have sustainability practices in place and attend community events instead of supporting major conglomerates.
- Take hazardous waste (batteries, electronics, fluorescent bulbs, cleaning chemicals, etc) to a specified toxic waste drop off.
- Switching to LED bulbs is an energy efficient way to reduce your power consumption / bill. Turning off lights in rooms that are not being used is also.
- Make the switch to non-toxic beauty and cleaning products. Supporting brands that make eco-conscious efforts raises the bar for all!
- Save time and paper by going virtual. We use SmartWaiver for all consent forms and medical questionnaires. Smart Waiver stores all client information in their cloud and abide by HIPPA. Speaking of saving paper, you can unsubscribe from paper junk mail or opt to go paperless for bills to cut down on paper waste.
- Consider eating more plant-based meals. Methane emissions from cows lead
According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) agriculture is responsible for 18% of the total release of greenhouse gases world-wide (this is more than the whole transportation sector). Cattle-breeding is taking a major factor for these greenhouse gas emissions according to FAO. Says Henning Steinfeld, Chief of FAO's Livestock Information and Policy Branch and senior author of the report: "Livestock are one of the most significant contributors to today's most serious environmental problems. Urgent action is required to remedy the situation." In addition, clearing of tropical forests and rain forests to get more grazing land and farm land is responsible for an extra 2.8 billion metric tons of CO2 emission per year!
Trees give us the oxygen we need to live and breathe!!! Plant a tree to cultivate a reciprocating relationship with the Earth.
Green Circle Salons provide the world’s first, and North America’s only, sustainable salon solution to recover and repurpose beauty waste ensuring that we can help keep people and the planet beautiful. They are able to transform beauty waste into a desirable commodity through an award-winning platform built by the industry, for the industry. Their turnkey program allows salons to repurpose and recover up to 95% of the resources that were once considered waste; materials such as hair, leftover hair color, foils, color tubes, aerosol cans, paper and plastics.
- Most importantly, teaching younger generations to love and care for our planet as it’s future is in their hands.